Monday, March 30, 2009

The start of a new quilt!


This weekend, I started a new quilt (two actually, of the same quilt), one for myself, and the other for my oldest daughter's mother-in-law, Shelly. It is made from the Moda line of Lewis and Clark fabrics that came out in 2004 to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Lewis and Clark odyssey. My husband and I took a road trip along the trail, and I collected the fabrics as we went along. Shelly is very interested in this part of our country's history and is currently remodeling her vacation place in Idaho, not far from the trail. I thought it would be a perfect house warming gift for her "new," expanded place. And, I'll have one for myself! I'm making them both at the same time. It will be 80 inches square when it is done. I'm pretty sure this is the hardest part!


I like the way they look so far!

1 comment:

  1. Nice block! Can't wait to see how it comes along! How's O'Tannenbaum coming? Or have you set it aside for awhile?

    ReplyDelete