Monday, January 12, 2009

Later that day....

Here I am again....took a run/walk with daughter Lindsey this afternoon. That's 2 days in a row! We went 2 miles at the blazing speed of 15 minutes per mile!!! I will not be running for the next two days. Hopefully, I'll be able to go again on Friday.


I posted a picture of one of my finishes from last year. This is the Sarah Fitch quilt that is on display in Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. My oldest daughter, Sarah, was engaged to Daniel and wanted me to make her a red and white quilt. I saw this one on a trip to the East Coast with my mom and sisters in the fall of 2000 and decided this one was perfect: it was made by a Sarah for her husband, Daniel. It took me forever to make. It is hand-quilted, which is something I really enjoy doing. I always have a quilt in the rack that I am hand-quilting. Most of my quilts are machine quilted, though, because I am 57 years old and there aren't enough years left for me to hand quilt all the quilts I want to make.


I've added a picture of the quilt I am currently hand quilting. It is the "Women of the Bible" quilt that I pieced and appliqued a few years back. I am using black thread, and I am quilting it pretty lightly. I hand pieced some blocks, machine pieced some, and hand appliqued the rest. I think I am really going to like this one.


I hope to post a picture of my family tomorrow. Will see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment